It’s hard to believe, but our flagship conference kicks off in Boston, MA in only two days! We can tell you that the entire LPL Research team has been working very hard to make sure Focus 2017 remains one of the premier investment conferences in the world.
Earlier this week, we did a blog previewing what you need to know about Focus 2017, but today we want to share what attendees can expect. Without further ado, here is the LPL Research’s list of the top 10 things that happen at Focus:
- First things first: We’d like to stress that what happens at Focus 2017 doesn’t stay at Focus 2017. You will learn so much to take back to your businesses. The only problem will be how to use all of your newfound knowledge.
- You will have a chance to hang out with more than 4,000 LPL advisors and learn everything from best practices, to how they leverage LPL Research, to the biggest challenges your peers face in our industry.
- The days can be long, but the evening events are a great chance to unwind and absorb all you’ve learned.
- LPL Research participates in many of the breakout sessions, and we’ll be accessible all week for you to pick our brains as much as you want.
- Plus, Managing Director, Investor and Investment Solutions and Chief Investment Officer Burt White will present to more than 7,000 on the main stage. There is nothing like seeing Burt present!
- LPL Research will be live tweeting from the conference to share best practices, insights, and pictures with LPL advisors. Join the conversation using our conference hashtag #LPLFocus, and let’s get this trending!
- Some of our closest LPL advisor friendships were formed at Focus over coffee and conversation, and we’re excited to catch up on existing relationships and build new ones to hear about everyone’s summer, and help them build their businesses.
- It’s rewarding to meet the people in person who we serve back in our offices. We are always blown away by how many folks utilize our work and how much of an impact it has.
- Those fitbits will be put to the test. The convention is a big place and just going to the bathroom will get you 2,000 steps!
- Where else can you see Burt White singing to his favorite Kelly Clarkson song? Exactly, nowhere!
Last, we always get the question: How stocks perform during Focus? So we looked. In no way should you invest based on our conference, but if you were there in 2011 following the “US Debt Downgrade,” then you know sometimes Mr. Market can throw some fireworks at us.
See you there!