In the recent LPL Market Street View video, LPL Financial’s Chief Market Strategist Ryan Detrick discusses why the recession is likely over, making it one of the shortest recessions ever.
Some reasons discussed include:
- Historically, new stock market highs have ended recessions, as the stock market is more forward looking
- Extremely strong housing data and impressive earnings guidance from corporate America
- Multi-year highs in copper are suggesting the global economy is improving significantly
- Lastly, manufacturing data has been quite strong and small businesses remain optimistic
You can watch the full discussion below, direct from our YouTube channel. Please be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so you don’t miss anything!
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. There is no assurance that the views or strategies discussed are suitable for all investors or will yield positive outcomes. Investing involves risks including possible loss of principal. Any economic forecasts set forth may not develop as predicted and are subject to change.
References to markets, asset classes, and sectors are generally regarding the corresponding market index. Indexes are unmanaged statistical composites and cannot be invested into directly. Index performance is not indicative of the performance of any investment and do not reflect fees, expenses, or sales charges. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results.
Any company names noted herein are for educational purposes only and not an indication of trading intent or a solicitation of their products or services. LPL Financial doesn’t provide research on individual equities. All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, LPL Financial makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
All index and market data from FactSet and MarketWatch.
This Research material was prepared by LPL Financial, LLC.
Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. To the extent you are receiving investment advice from a separately registered independent investment advisor that is not an LPL affiliate, please note LPL makes no representation with respect to such entity.
- Not Insured by FDIC/NCUA or Any Other Government Agency
- Not Bank/Credit Union Guaranteed
- Not Bank/Credit Union Deposits or Obligations
- May Lose Value
For Public Use – Tracking 1-05052628